Monday, February 2, 2009

Skype

Have I mentioned I LOVE technology??  

My latest favorite thing is Skype.  Friends told me about it ages ago, and I was slow to jump on the bandwagon, but now that I have it, I am totally IN!

My mom lives in New Zealand, and she recently bought a new Apple MacBook (LOVE IT!) I set her up with a Skype account before it left for NZ and so she and I have been Skyping over the past couple of months.  While I don't mind talking on the phone, being able to see her while we talk is 100 times better.  Recently, I have been helping her with questions she has about how to use her new and very sexy (yes, sexy!) laptop.  She can minimize me on the screen and still hear my voice as I talk her through how to set up her email system, address book etc.  And I can walk around our house with my laptop in hand and show her new pieces of furniture, our fruit trees that I pruned myself, etc.  It feels like we are more in each others lives, just by being able to see each other every week or so.

Thank goodness for clever people who invent technology that really does make our lives so much better.  You people are the BEST!  I am forever grateful! Thanks!

No comments: