Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sunset

My favorite time of day is sunset.  While I like sunrise, I am not a morning person, so I don't see them as frequently. 

I love how every sunset is unique - depending on where I am in the world, the weather conditions and the time of the year.  I particularly love when the sun's setting colors are reflected on buildings or clouds - as in the photo above (taken June 2005, Wellington, New Zealand) or the photo below (taken January 2008, Queenstown, New Zealand).

Sunsets are the one thing in nature that will really have me physically stop in my tracks and pause to admire them.  I will stop and smell roses while I am walking (or other nature things like that), but sunsets are different.  They make me smile and feel contented, no matter what kind of day I have had.  It's like nature's way of waving good bye for the day before darkness falls and a new day begins.

What is your favorite time of day, or your favorite natural beauty?

No comments: