Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Doing the right/most important thing first - Day 2

Well, I kept my promise last night, and after I posted my blog, I took a clean sheet of paper and wrote the 3 things I was going to focus on today.  

Let's just say I didn't even get through #1.  

The first problem I ran into was, I really needed to go to the grocery store so we would have food to eat.  While this activity wasn't on the list, and isn't part of growing, focussing or investing in my business, I could justify that having food was important and therefore 'enhanced' my life!  So, I went.  Sadly, it took longer than planned, particularly by the time I got home, unloaded the car and put everything away.  

Not to worry, I told myself, I had started task #1 (to update my Shaped Reality main website) last night by discovering that my old laptop which had my website on it had been wiped by my tech support (aka my hubbie) when he had upgraded it to the new Mac OS.  He had pulled out the CD with the applications I needed, and loaded them.  Then I did a software update (which took hours, but nonetheless was behind me), and he even found a copy he had made of my website and saved to a CD.  So as I sat down this morning, I figured put in the CD, load my website and I'll be ready to update...alas...no.  Turns out the CD had nothing on it.  Not to fear, with his help, I used Firefox FTP (read, super proud of myself to know how to do this!) to locate my website and copy the files from the web back to the laptop.  Ha!  Now I am ready to go!  But no...I wasn't.  

It turns out that iWeb, in which I had created my basic, but functional first website doesn't have an 'import' feature!!  Apple, seriously, this is a MAJOR flaw.  As one of your most loyal fans, this is a serious oversight on your part!  So the next couple of hours were spent reading about fixes on the web...and now at 6:20pm, I am once again going to have to ask hubbie for his help, or, resort to recreating the site from scratch.  Now, this wouldn't be such a bad thing, if only I had known this at 11am, I could have saved hours of messing around.

So, I haven't even looked at task #2 or #3 yet, with a bit of luck and dedication, I MIGHT get #3 done tonight, but #2 has no hope.

I am feeling a little defeated quite honestly.  However, I am not going to let that stop me.  Instead, I have rearranged my day tomorrow and I will focus on tasks #1 & #2 again and with some determination and focus, I am aiming at hitting a home run tomorrow!

Wish me luck!  Oh, and let's hope the technical gods are shining down on me and that my computer problems will not exist tomorrow!

Catherine
 

No comments: