Thursday, October 16, 2008

Favorite quote

This is one of my all time favorite quotes.  I think because it resonates so deeply within me and there have been times in my life where I have sought desperately to fulfill a dream where everything around me had moved on, and I was trying to complete the last 10%.  Of course, with hindsight, everything worked out as it was meant to and this particular piece always reminds me of that.  

Enjoy!

We plan our lives according to a dream that came to us in our childhood, and we find that life alters our plans.  And yet, at the end, from a rare height, we also see that our dream was our fate.  It's just that providence had other ideas as to how we would get there.  Destiny plans a different route, or turns the dream around, as if it were a riddle, and fulfills the dream in ways we couldn't have expected.
~ Ben Okri

No comments: