Thursday, October 2, 2008

What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?

I saw this quote 'What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?' by Dr Robert Schuller at the bottom of a colleague's email today and it made me sigh in that lovely, fulfilled, contented kind of way.  

Hmmm....what would I do if I could not fail? Finish and publish my book, go on a book tour across the US, New Zealand, Australia, the UK and Europe, be invited to be a keynote speaker, and consult with companies over a period of time to increase the passion and productivity levels of their teams.  Yes, that is what I would do, I am not even sure I would 'attempt' it, I think I would just do it.  

The problem is, I don't like to do what everyone else is doing (and in my world it feels like every third person is writing a book, and they can't all be good, can they?) I want my book to be good, really good. The thing that gets me though is I see books on topics I KNOW I could have written, but someone has already beaten me to it.  I guess that is where procrastination and self doubt will get me, huh?  And of course, there are always those inner critics that say, 'well, what if your book isn't any good and you spend a ton of time on it, when you SHOULD be doing something else' plus there is that never ending To Do list that needs addressing.  So somehow, I just never give myself permission to sit down and finish writing it.

Even as I say this, it feels yucky.  Particularly as I am a coach, I really want to lead by example and live my reality in a way that is shaped by me, but most importantly that my reality fills me up with that yummy, delicious and most divine feeling of honoring what is right for me.

Sounds like it's time to start writing...

Here's to taking one action today in alignment with KNOWING you won't fail!

Catherine

No comments: