Wednesday, October 29, 2008

'Most important' - Day 3

The results are in, and they are not good.  I am now officially '0 for 3' on the task front.

Here is what I have learnt:
- 2 out of the 3 tasks should perhaps have been broken down into smaller tasks or steps as they each have required a variety of other pieces to be put into place before they could even be started, let alone completed
- it is possible that while my original 3 tasks were on target, I was wildly optimistic given I have spent time with my family (who was visiting from out-of-town) over the past few weeks and so I was behind on other things and needed to play catch-up this week, and,
- I will admit, that I am seeing an unpleasant and profoundly dissatisfying pattern here, which is... the important business stuff always gets put to the bottom of my list, unless it is pressing, or for someone else (and then I am great!)

Of course, I would rather not be admitting this to anyone, myself included.  I have faint stories like 'I am a coach, I should be better than this' and 'I shouldn't tell people I don't have my sh*t together...what will they think of me?!?' but like I said, these are faint.  Right now I am far more fascinated in what is going on, my process and figuring out how I want to be/live going forward from here.

This system clearly isn't working as it has me grumpy each night and frustrated with myself and my life.  I know this must be good news because once I get bored enough with anything, then I immediately do something about it.

I can feel a change for the better coming on...I can't wait to see what it reveals.

From a 'work in progress Catherine' here's to the next evolution!

No comments: