Monday, October 13, 2008

Toodledo

After 5+ years of the same cell phone (I know, totally against the norm of upgrading every two years), I recently upgraded to a sexy, new iPhone, and I LOVE it!  In addition to it's many features, my husband recently discovered Toodledo in the App Store...and it rocks!  

Toodledo  is so much more than a To Do list!  As a list-making person in general, I was a fan of the Palm To Do list, but in my opinion, Toodledo, blows the Palm product out of the water.  Toodledo, has features like Folders (which are like categories that my To Do item might fall under), but then it also has Contexts (which could be considered as either, my mindset at the time, or my location).  So, (a very boring example, but you'll get the idea)...let's say I wanted to pick up a specific facial moisturizer while I am out it might look like this:

Task: Pick up facial moisturizer
Folder: Health & Beauty
Context: Out & About

So, next time I am out running errands, I can look under the Out & About Context and see what other tasks I might be able to do at the same time.

And, if that is not fabulous enough, I can enter the length of each task. If I have 10 minutes between calls and I am wondering what to do with the time, I can organize the Tasks by length and see all the options that might fit into the amount of time I have available.  

A super added bonus is that Toodledo is a Web 2.0 product and so it is updated live.  There are a number of other fantastic features, which I haven't mentioned here, but perhaps the best is that it is FREE.  You can upgrade for $14.95 for the year to the pro-subscription, which in my opinion is well worth it, AND, a tremendous bargain!

All-in-all, I am a HUGE fan of both the iPhone and Toodledo.  I can't wait to see what I can accomplish with this new tool!

I love technology!

Catherine

No comments: